Teresa Huang’s current practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation, and employee benefits, including employee stock ownership plans and trusts (“ESOPs”) and 401(k) Plans. She regularly advises clients with respect to corporate, tax, and ERISA fiduciary issues related to ESOPs, other employee benefit plans, and transactions involving such plans. She represents the plan sponsors of executive compensation and employee benefit plans in a variety of matters, including without limitation, designing and implementing such plans, providing advice and counseling with respect to required and optional plan amendments, plan administration, participant claims for benefits, plan benefit payments, plan termination, Internal Revenue Service audits, and U.S. Department of Labor investigations.
Teresa also provides litigation support and research capabilities to the firm’s litigation practice areas, particularly in employee stock ownership matters and other complex ERISA litigation. Additionally, she is a member of the firm's diversity committee.
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Annual Review Editor, Berkeley Technology Law Journal (2004-2005)
- Annual Review Research Editor, Berkeley Technology Law Journal (2003-2004)
- University of California, Davis (B.A.S., 2002)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- The ESOP Association
- The National Center for Employee Ownership
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California