Mark Hsu's practice includes product liability, business litigation, employment matters, and insurance coverage litigation. Additionally, he is a co-chair of the firm's Diversity Committee.
Mark is an experienced litigator in state and federal court who is actively involved in all phases of litigation from inception of the case through trial and appeal. He advises in-house counsel and insurance companies on a wide range of litigation and dispute resolution issues, and during litigation, works closely with fact and expert witnesses, often in conjunction with liaison counsel. In the area of product liability, he is particularly experienced in managing and litigating asbestos cases. As national coordinating counsel for several manufacturing and premises defendants, he has helped develop litigation strategies and coordinated the defense of tens of thousands of cases around the country. Mark frequently gives speeches and presentations involving product liability and litigation issues at various conferences.
Mark was a two-year law clerk for Magistrate Judge Lawrence R. Leavitt of the U.S. District Court in Las Vegas, Nevada. He is currently the Communications Officer for the Young Lawyers’ Committee of the International Bar Association. He is proficient in Italian, Japanese and French.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D., 1996)
- Associate Editor, Washington University Law Review
- Representative, Student Bar Association (1994-1996)
- Johns Hopkins University (B.A., 1993)
- News Editor, The Johns Hopkins Newsletter
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- “Resilience Under Pressure: Thriving or Surviving in the Legal Profession?” Annual Conference, International Bar Association, Sydney, Australia (October 9, 2017)
- “Redefining Personal Jurisdiction Post-Bristol-Myers,” Fall Conference, Asian American Bar Association of New York, New York City, NY (September 23, 2017)
- “Anything Except Litigation: Arbitration, Mediation and Other Forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution,” The Fundamentals of International Legal Business Practice, International Bar Association, Washington, D.C. (September 17, 2016)
- “An Approach to U.S. Litigation,” The Fundamentals of International Legal Business Practice, International Bar Association, Seoul, South Korea (July 9, 2015)