At Hawkins Parnell, we do not just defend litigation and advise on issues in the equine industry. Our team of attorneys includes award-winning riders and active competitors who understand the sport and the industry's intricacies. We bring that perspective to every case and work collaboratively to achieve a client's goals.
We combine deep industry knowledge with highly specialized legal services to protect clients and further their commercial interests. Our distinguished attorneys have represented top clients within the equine industry across the country, including the U.S. Equestrian Federation and international associations to professional and recreational horse owners, trainers, stables, equestrian facilities, veterinarians, and more.
Hawkins Parnell provides comprehensive litigation services for our equine clients in courts nationwide with unmatched tenacity. Our attorneys have a proven track record of successful outcomes in high-profile cases. We handle a wide range of equine-related litigation, including:
- Catastrophic personal injuries arising from riding or handling horses
- Horse injuries and mortality claims
- Loss of use
- Breach of contract
- Misrepresentation claims regarding the purchase, sale, or lease of horses
- Veterinary malpractice and drug-related litigation
- Employment law
In addition to our litigation services, we advise clients through complex issues, negotiate agreements, and protect their interests proactively. Our experience includes:
- Drafting agreements, contracts, and releases
- Structuring syndicates and business partnerships
- Consulting on risk management and compliance matters
- Advising on equine insurance claims handling