William T. Wood, III has represented individuals as well as businesses, ranging from family-owned businesses to Fortune 500 national and multinational corporations. Bill concentrates his practice on general civil litigation with an emphasis on complex litigation, product liability, toxic tort and environmental litigation, and commercial litigation.
Bill represents corporate clients in successfully defending product liability, toxic tort, and personal injury claims brought against the manufacturers, distributors, and installers of consumer products. He also defends corporate clients in breach of warranty claims involving the purchase and lease of consumer products.
Bill participates in all phases of the defense of litigation matters, from initial discovery through dispositive motions, expert discovery, medical issues, settlement negotiations, alternative dispute resolution, and trial. Bill focuses his practice in federal and state courts in Georgia but has represented clients in numerous jurisdictions throughout the United States. Bill manages and coordinates litigation in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Pepperdine University School of Law (J.D., 1994)
- William & Mary (B.A., 1990)
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Matt Terrey v. BMW of North America, Magistrate Court of Cobb County, Georgia
- Hugh Todd Nye v. National Service Industries, Inc., Circuit Court of Hamilton County
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Everybody Wins! Atlanta, Serves as reading mentor to at-risk elementary school students with organization that is dedicated to promoting children's literacy through shared reading experiences
- Participant, Emergency Personnel Will Project sponsored by the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation