Jenni Young focuses on defending businesses and premises owners in personal injury cases and specializes in complex product liability and toxic tort litigation. She serves on national coordinating counsel and trial teams for multiple corporations defending asbestos claims throughout the country. She has also managed the Illinois asbestos dockets for several Fortune 500 corporations and has extensive experience in all phases of litigation involving disputes in state, federal and multi-district proceedings.
Over her career, Jenni has advised and represented her clients in a variety of matters, including corporate formation and commercial litigation; medical and legal malpractice defense litigation; and insurance defense and coverage litigation.
- Secured a dismissal for lack of personal jurisdiction on behalf of an asbestos premises defendant in Madison County and Cook County, Illinois.
- Obtained summary judgment for a product manufacturer based on lack of causation despite identification in an asbestos-related case in McLean County, Illinois.
- Obtained dismissal for product manufacturer despite identification in an asbestos-related case in Madison County, Illinois,
- Obtained summary judgment for employer based on exclusivity provision of Workers’ Compensation Act in Madison County, Illinois.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Florida State University (B.S., 1997)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Chicago Bar Association
- Legislative Liaison, Civil Practice Committee
- State Bar of Michigan
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Commercial Litigation (2022)
- Honored for participation in the Municipal Court Pro Bono Program of Cook County, Illinois
- Estate of Maria Avila, deceased v. Sisters of St. Francis Health Services Inc., et al., Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois
- White v. Garlock Sealing Technologies, Circuit Court of McLean County, Illinois
- Estate of Jenna Lowe, deceased minor v. Female Healthcare Associates Ltd., et al., Circuit Court of DuPage County, Illinois
- Ruiz, et al. v. Primary Health Associates P.C., et al., Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois
- Estate of Elizabeth Galvan, deceased v. Baker Heavy & Highway Inc., et al., Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Localized, NFP, founding member and board member
- Treasurer, LaSalle II Language Academy Parent-Teacher Organization
Published Appellate Decisions
- White v. Garlock Sealing Technologies, 398 Ill.App.3d 610, 924 N.E.2d 53 (4th Dist. 2010)
- "Preserving the Record for Appeal, Post-trial Motions and Judgments," Pincus Professional Education, 11th Annual Circuit Court Boot Camp: The Nuts and Bolts 2021, Webinar (December 3, 2021)
- "Your Trial," Pincus Professional Education, 11th Annual Circuit Court Boot Camp: The Nuts and Bolts 2021, Webinar (December 3, 2021)
- "The Future of Successful Litigation Management: 2020 Is Not Just for Hindsight Anymore," Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, 2018 Midwest Conference, Chicago, Illinois (June 14-15, 2018)
- "Defending the Distributor," Defense Research Institute, Asbestos Medicine Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada (November 2, 2017)