Jenni Young focuses on defending businesses and premises owners in personal injury cases and specializes in complex product liability and toxic tort litigation. She serves on national coordinating counsel and trial teams for multiple corporations defending asbestos claims throughout the country. She has also managed the Illinois asbestos dockets for two Fortune 500 corporations and has extensive experience in all phases of litigation involving disputes in state, federal and multi-district proceedings.
Over her career, Jenni has advised and represented her clients in a variety of matters, including corporate formation and commercial litigation; medical and legal malpractice defense litigation; and insurance defense and coverage litigation.
- Secured a dismissal for lack of personal jurisdiction on behalf of an asbestos premises defendant in Madison County and Cook County, Illinois.
- Obtained summary judgment for a product manufacturer based on lack of causation despite identification in an asbestos-related case in McLean County, Illinois.
- Obtained dismissal for product manufacturer despite identification in an asbestos-related case in Madison County, Illinois,
- Obtained summary judgment for employer based on exclusivity provision of Workers’ Compensation Act in Madison County, Illinois.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Florida State University (B.S., 1997)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Chicago Bar Association
- Honored for participation in the Municipal Court Pro Bono Program of Cook County, Illinois
- White v. Garlock Sealing Technologies
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Localized, NFP, founding member and board member
- Treasurer, LaSalle II Language Academy Parent-Teacher Organization
Published Appellate Decisions
- White v. Garlock Sealing Technologies, 398 Ill.App.3d 610, 924 N.E.2d 53 (4th Dist. 2010)
- "The Future of Successful Litigation Management: 2020 Is Not Just for Hindsight Anymore," Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, 2018 Midwest Conference, Chicago, Illinois (June 14-15, 2018)
- "Defending the Distributor," Defense Research Institute, Asbestos Medicine Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada (November 2, 2017)