The Knowledge Group: Employee Stock Ownership Plans Pros and Cons
David Johanson and Rachel Markun will be speaking at The Knowledge Group's webcast entitled: "Employee Stock Ownership Plans: Pros and Cons LIVE Webcast."
More companies are considering employee stock ownership plans (ESOP) to liquefy accumulated equity without relinquishing control of the companies or jeopardizing the jobs of valued employees. The Knowledge Group is hosting a live webcast to help companies understand the Advantages and Disadvantages of an Employee Stock Ownership Plans in 2015.
In this two hour webinar, the panel of skilled practitioners will provide an overview of ESOP structuring, administration, the tax implications, accounting and disclosure issues, common misconceptions, and recent litigation risks due to changes in ESOP accounting rules and fair value disclosures. The agenda will include:
- ESOPs: Overview and Trends
- ESOP Vs. Other Retirement Plans
- Rulings: IRS PLRs, DOL Advisory Opinions & FABs, IRS TASM, and ESOP Cadre Guidance
- ESOP Advantages and Disadvantages
- Monetary Consequences: Employees and Companies
- Compliance and Monetary Risks for Participants
- Non-Compliance Sanctions for Employee Benefit Plan Rules
- Widely Held Misconceptions