Large international corporations hire Christine Hawkins to vigorously defend them in high-stakes litigation involving products liability, toxic torts, and premises liability. She has tried several cases with claims involving significant risks and millions of dollars. She is skilled in early risk evaluation and using leverage to negotiate favorable settlements on behalf of clients and large insurance companies. Clients entrust Christine to develop strategies for trial and discovery in complex litigation.
Christine makes frequent court appearances in federal and state courts across California. As national coordinating counsel to numerous global companies, Christine manages and coordinates all aspects of litigation in the United States. With a focus on integrating a company’s unique story into a comprehensive defense, she prepares Fortune 500 corporate representatives to handle difficult cross-examinations and if necessary, defend testimony from corporate witnesses in jurisdictions nationwide. Christine has taken thousands of depositions of plaintiffs, witnesses, experts and corporate representatives. She has also successfully argued hundreds of motions, including motions for summary judgment, summary adjudication, pretrial motions, motions to compel, motions for protective order, motions to continue, motions to dismiss, demurrers, and more.
- Golden Gate University School of Law (J.D., 2003)
- Specialization Certificate in Litigation
- Mock Trial, Moot Court Competition, Appellate Advocacy Competition — Won Best Brief out of 200+ students
- Asian Pacific American Law Student Association
- Alumni Judge, Mock Trial and Appellate Advocacy programs
- Judicial Intern, Superior Court of California, County of Alameda
- Winner of numerous CALI and Witkin Awards for various subjects including Evidence and Legal Writing and Research
- San Francisco State University (B.A., 1999)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- State Bar of California
- California Institute of Computer Assisted Research Award in Solving Legal Problems