Christian Lang concentrates his practice on defending nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home health care agencies, as well as all of their caregivers. He also represents clients in other aspects of medical malpractice, premises liability, toxic tort and food borne illness litigation. Christian has tried cases to verdict in Georgia and New Jersey.
Nursing Home and Assisted Living Litigation
Christian has defended nursing home and assisted living lawsuits involving a variety of issues. Representative claims include enforcement of arbitration agreements, wrongful death, dehydration, malnutrition, pressure sores, violations of resident’s rights, insufficient staffing and supervision, and falls.
Premises Liability Claims
Christian has represented retailers and owners of land in slip and fall cases as well as alleged negligent security claims.
Toxic Tort Litigation
Christian has defended clients related to mold and indoor air quality lawsuits, which involve large complexes as well as single family homes. Representative matters include:
- Defense against personal injuries alleged to have been caused by exposure to mold
- Defense against property damage claims resulting from water and mold damage
Food Borne Illness Claims
Christian’s experience handling complex cases and scientific knowledge has proven invaluable in his ability to effectively defend food borne illness claims.
- Quinnipiac University School of Law (J.D., 1995)
- Clemson University (B.A., 1991)
- New Jersey
- New Jersey Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- State Bar of Georgia
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Rinehart v. GFI Management Services, Inc., U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Aaron Spence, et al. v. Brencor Hickory Lakes, LLC, Superior Court of Cobb County
- Wesley Hagan, Deceased v. Miles Properties, Inc., State Court of DeKalb County
- Bullard vs. Day Hospitality Group, Inc., State Court of Fulton County
- Dennis vs. Concord Management, Ltd., State Court of Gwinnett County
- Bolling, et al. v. RLI Insurance Company, et al., Superior Court of Fulton County
- Judith Hunt, as the Administratix of Barbara Hunt v. Sunrise Senior Living Management, Inc., State Court of Gwinnett County
“Nursing Home Litigation,” Georgia Healthcare Association, Atlanta, Georgia