Christian J. Lang
Christian Lang is a partner in the Long-Term Care and Assisted Living Litigation Group at Hawkins Parnell & Young, LLP. He concentrates his practice on defending nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home health care agencies, as well as all of their caregivers. He also represents clients in other aspects of medical malpractice, premises liability, toxic tort and food borne illness litigation. Christian has tried cases to verdict in Georgia and New Jersey.
Nursing Home and Assisted Living Litigation
Christian has defended nursing home and assisted living lawsuits involving a variety of issues. Representative claims include enforcement of arbitration agreements, wrongful death, dehydration, malnutrition, pressure sores, violations of resident’s rights, insufficient staffing and supervision, and falls.
Premises Liability Claims
Christian has represented retailers and owners of land in slip and fall cases as well as alleged negligent security claims.
Toxic Tort Litigation
Christian has defended clients related to mold and indoor air quality lawsuits, which involve large complexes as well as single family homes. Representative matters include:
- Defense against personal injuries alleged to have been caused by exposure to mold
- Defense against property damage claims resulting from water and mold damage
Food Borne Illness Claims
Christian’s experience handling complex cases and scientific knowledge has proven invaluable in his ability to effectively defend food borne illness claims.
- State Bar of Georgia
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Bullard v. Day Hospitality Group, Inc., State Court of Fulton County, Georgia
- Dennis v. Concord Management, Ltd., State Court of Gwinnett County, Georgia
- Bolling, et al. v. RLI Insurance Company, et al., Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia
“Nursing Home Litigation,” Georgia Healthcare Association, Atlanta, Georgia
Articles and publications
J.D., Quinnipiac University School of Law (1995)
B.A., Political Science, Clemson University (1991)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- New Jersey Superior Court
- New Jersey Appellate Division
- New Jersey Supreme Court