Roy F. Viola, Jr. has been a trial attorney for more than two decades. He handles all aspects of litigation in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, including toxic tort, asbestos, construction defect, environmental, commercial and D&O cases. He has litigated cases in every courthouse in New Jersey and has been first chair trial counsel in more than 35 jury trials around the Country.
Roy also litigates commercial, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) cases for the firm. He is actively involved in all areas of discovery, including depositions, motions and formulation of strategy. He acts as the Firm’s attorney for matters litigated in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, regularly appearing in Court for motions, hearings and trials.
Roy was a combat officer in the United States Army Air Defense Artillery before attending law school; after graduating from Rutgers Law in 1993, he re-entered active service as an Army Judge Advocate where he served primarily as a trial counsel (prosecutor); in 1996, he was also named a Special Assistant United States Attorney responsible for felony prosecutions on United States property. He was a Distinguished Military Graduate and was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal by the Secretary of the Army.
After leaving active duty, Roy entered private practice and immediately began trying cases in New Jersey. He has been placed as the trial counsel in dozens of very complex multi-million dollar cases. He has acted as National Coordinating Counsel for a large national client, overseeing and directing litigation and defense strategy throughout the United States. He has been a featured speaker at numerous conferences and CLEs, including Harris Martin's Lead Paint Symposium and the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Rutgers University School of Law - Newark (J.D., 1993)
- East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania (B.A., magna cum laude, 1989)
- Outstanding History Graduate Scholarship
- Distinguished Military Graduate
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Attorney Ethics and Professionalism Committee
- Oliver, et al. v. Miller, et al., Superior Court of New Jersey