Pilar Whitaker is experienced in all facets of commercial litigation ranging from initial case management to trials and appeals in state and federal courts. She represents the firm's local and national corporate clients in general liability matters, as well as licensed professionals in the healthcare industry. Pilar also has experience defending businesses in premises liability, products liability, and insurance coverage disputes. Additionally, Pilar is committed to bettering the lives of Atlanta's residents through pro bono legal services.
Pilar was born and raised in California, where she considers Oakland as her hometown. Outside of her litigation practice, she enjoys cooking, playing with her beagle, and traveling.
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 2014)
- Board Member, Mock Trial
- Vice President, Law Students for Social Justice
- Admissions and Recruitment Chair, Black Law Students Association
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 2009)
- Editor-in-Chief, Nommo Newsmagazine
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Gate City Bar Association
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Atlanta Volunteers Lawyers Foundation