Lyra Foster fights hard to protect the reputation and careers of her clients. As a committed advocate, she is tireless in defending professionals against accusations of wrongdoing. Her experience across multiple legal disciplines and industries enables her to understand the unique issues in a range of professional liability claims. Clients value her fresh perspective and efficiency in cases, combined with a determination and tenacity for demanding work.
Lyra is one of the first openly transgender lawyers at a major law firm. With a passion for justice and equality, she provides pro bono legal services focused on criminal justice, LGBTQ, and human rights. She also helped found a legal non-profit while still in law school.
- Mercer University - Walter F. George School of Law (J.D., 2020)
- Mercer Law Review
- Thurgood Marshall and Interstate Moot Court
- Recipient, Mercer Law's Equal Access to Justice Grant
- Texas State University: San Marcos (B.A., 2017)
- National Transgender Bar
- State Bar of Georgia
- Attorney Award, Middle Georgia Access to Justice Council
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Volunteer, Georgia Justice Project
- Volunteer, Southern Center for Human Rights
- Volunteer, Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund