Lisa Lazarus focuses on toxic tort and product liability litigation. Lisa represents and defends corporate clients in all aspects of complex litigation from the pleading stage through mediation, trial, and settlement. She is experienced in managing significant caseloads while keeping her clients informed and providing individual case work up to ensure all cases are ready for trial. Lisa also has been successful at leveraging dismissals in the early stages of litigation before her clients incur significant costs. She has taken the depositions of hundreds of plaintiffs, witnesses, and medical experts and has drafted and argued discovery motions and dispositive motions that have resulted in dismissals for clients. Lisa has successfully defended product manufacturers, suppliers, contractors, and premises owners.
Prior to completing her Juris Doctor, Lisa served as a certified law clerk at the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office. She also worked as a law clerk for California Indian Legal Services where she advocated for the rights of Native Americans and Indian Tribes.
- Golden Gate University School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Dean’s List (2004-2006)
- Certificate of Specialization in Litigation
- Academic Excellence Award for Criminal Litigation (2006)
- Board of Directors, Women’s Law Association (2005-2006)
- Law Review Member
- Indiana University (B.S., 2001)
- Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Member, La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation