LeRyan Lambert defends businesses in class action, high-risk personal injury, and wrongful death litigation, including transportation-related accidents, premises and product liability claims, and bad faith liability matters.
For more than a decade, LeRyan has successfully litigated before judges and juries in the state, federal, administrative, and appellate courts throughout Georgia. She has litigated and favorably resolved numerous civil actions involving medical malpractice, third-party criminal assault, slip and fall, security negligence, automobile collisions, and wrongful death claims. Prior to joining HPY, LeRyan was a senior associate for a large Southeastern defense firm and headed its Georgia liability practice representing national businesses against personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits as well as insurers in subrogation matters. LeRyan also represented employers and insurers before the Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation. Prior to defense work, LeRyan represented plaintiffs and claimants for personal and work injuries, criminal defendants including those facing capital punishment, individuals in domestic litigation, and small businesses in contractual disputes. LeRyan also practiced transactional law representing celebrity athletes and artists, medical professionals, and entrepreneurs in their business and employment endeavors.
- Davis v. Louisiana-Pacific Corp., Georgia Court of Appeals, Case No. A17A1726 (February 2018) - Secured first-impression ruling that the State Board of Workers’ Compensation has no jurisdiction over claims for occupational injuries where death occurred in Georgia, but both employment and alleged causative exposure occurred out-of-state.
- Hughes et al. v. Chaudhry et al., Bibb County State Court, Georgia (February 2016) - Secured summary judgment in a premises liability action involving a motor vehicle death and efforts by plaintiffs to pierce corporate veil or establish joint enterprise theories.
- Perry et al. v. Electrical Contractor Inc. et al., DeKalb County State Court, Georgia (October 2015) - Secured summary judgment and attorneys’ fees against plaintiff’s counsel in a wrongful death action.
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Grant Recipient, Emory Public Interest Committee
- Practiced under the Third Year Practice Act with DeKalb County Public Defenders
- Clerked for the Georgia Capital Defenders Office
- University of California, Davis School of Law
- Secretary and President-Electee, National Lawyers Guild
- Submissions Committee Member, Journal of International Law and Policy
- Recipient, Public Interest Grant
- Competitor, CARR Moot Court Competition
- University of Miami (B.A., 2005)
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Atlanta Partners for Education - Project for a Day Volunteer (2013, 2014)
- Volunteer Judge for local mock trial competitions
- Hospice Atlanta Volunteer
Physician Employment Agreements, Morehouse School of Medicine (2015)