Kaitlyn Devenyns defends corporations in complex product liability and toxic tort litigation arising from exposure to asbestos, talc, and various chemicals. She has experience with all stages of litigation, from pleadings through appeals, including discovery, trial preparation, motion practice, fact investigation, expert witness preparation, post-trial motions and briefing. As a former plaintiffs’ attorney, Kaitlyn provides clients with a unique perspective on litigation risk and mitigating exposure.
Before joining Hawkins Parnell & Young, Kaitlyn worked at a commercial and securities litigation firm. She prosecuted breach of fiduciary duty cases against directors and officers of publicly traded companies, routinely obtaining favorable outcomes resulting in the recovery of millions of dollars for companies and their shareholders. She was also a litigator at a Manhattan criminal defense firm, defending individuals and corporations against large-scale financial prosecutions and investigations and other white-collar crimes.
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 2016)
- Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law
- University of Nevada: Las Vegas (B.A., 2012)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2018-2021)