Business Succession through Employee Stock Ownership Plans
July 17, 2019 at 12:30pm – 4:30pm (CDT)
520 Malcolm Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414
This event will bring together thought leaders to discuss business succession planning with a focus on employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs). Our speakers will provide an overview of benefits and considerations to evaluate if an ESOP is a good fit for your company. Key topics include:
- Tax incentives for the company and the seller(s)
- How a typical ESOP transaction is structured
- Profile of an ideal ESOP candidate
- How does an ESOP work?
- How to evaluate whether an ESOP is the correct structure for your company’s succession plan, including valuation, financing, and day-to-day management considerations
- David R. Johanson, Senior Partner, Hawkins Parnell & Young
- Jeffrey P. Cairns, Partner, Stinson LLP
- Michael G. Podkulski, CFP, Executive Director, J.P. Morgan Securities
- Steve Nelson, Managing Director, Chartwell
Who Should Attend: Business owners, tax and finance directors, and attorneys and CPAs looking to develop an understanding of the legal and tax laws governing the establishment of ESOPs and the benefits to using an ESOP as a succession planning structure.