Business Succession Planning with a Focus on Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
303 Peachtree St., NE, Suite 4000, Atlanta, GA 30308
Hawkins Parnell & Young will host a lunch discussion regarding business succession planning with a focus on ESOPs. Our panel of experts will provide an overview of benefits and considerations to evaluate if an ESOP is a good fit for your company. Key topics include:
- Tax incentives for the company and the seller(s)
- How a typical ESOP transaction is structured
- Profile of an ideal ESOP Candidate
- How does an ESOP work?
- How to evaluate whether an ESOP is the correct structure for your company’s succession plan, including valuation, financing, and day-to-day management considerations
- David R. Johanson, Senior Partner, Hawkins Parnell & Young
- Robert Thompson, Partner, Hawkins Parnell & Young
- Brian Jenkins, Executive Director, J.P. Morgan Securities
- Carla Klinger, Business Development & Client Relations, Swerdlin & Company, an Ascensus company
- Susan Petrirena, Business Development Consultant, Swerdlin & Company, an Ascensus company
Who Should Attend: Business owners, tax and finance directors, and attorneys and CPAs looking to develop an understanding of the legal and tax laws governing the establishment of ESOPs and the benefits to using an ESOP as a succession planning structure.