Business Succession Planning with a Focus on Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
January 28, 2020 at 2:00pm – 5:00pm (CDT)
Hawkins Parnell & Young
2705 Bee Caves Rd, Suite 220, Austin, TX 78746
Hawkins Parnell & Young, Marcum LLP, National Wealth Partners, and Wagner Law Group will host a discussion regarding business succession planning with a focus on ESOPs. Our panel of experts will provide an overview of benefits and considerations to evaluate if an ESOP is a good fit for your company. Key topics include:
- Tax incentives for the company and the seller(s)
- How a typical ESOP transaction is structured
- Profile of an ideal ESOP Candidate
- How does an ESOP work?
- How to evaluate whether an ESOP is the correct structure for your company’s succession plan, including valuation, financing, and day-to-day management considerations
- David R. Johanson, Senior Partner, Hawkins Parnell & Young
- Patrice Radogna, Director, Marcum LLP
- Stefan Whitwell, President, Chief Investment Officer and Co-Founder, National Wealth Partners
- Stephen Wilkes, Partner, Wagner Law Group
Who Should Attend: Business owners, tax and finance directors, and attorneys and CPAs looking to develop an understanding of the legal and tax laws governing the establishment of ESOPs and the benefits to using an ESOP as a succession planning structure.