Applying the Rules of Evidence: What Every Attorney Needs to Know
1100 East Warrenville Road, Suite 150, Naperville,IL,60563
Evidence is the backbone on which effective advocacy is borne. In a day of intense study, experienced attorney faculty will share their tips on how to recognize key evidence and then traverse the obstacle course of qualifying rules and opposing counsel's attempts to strike it, to deliver it to the decision maker unscathed and introduce it for maximum impact. Jenni Young will present on the authentication of social media and email evidence, including the following topics:
- Proper Data Mining and Gathering Procedures
- Does the Evidence Have a Proper Foundation?
- Is it Hearsay?
- Does the Evidence Have Distinctive Characteristics?
- Is the Evidence What the Proponent Claims?
- Linking the Evidence to the Purported Author
- Overcoming Admissibility Obstacles