ALFA International: 2021 International Client Seminar
Kathryn Whitlock will be moderating a breakout session at ALFA International's 2021 International Client Seminar on March 4, 2021. The panel is titled, "Finding the Phoenix in the Ashes of 2020: Using Our Positions in Law to Achieve Diverse and Inclusive Workplaces That Promote Justice in the World Around Us."
2020 was a year of change in ways most of us could not even imagine in 2019. From a pandemic that shut down the world and impacted women and minorities more sharply than white men, to protests over police violence and racial inequality in our criminal justice system, to a Supreme Court decision over LGBTQ rights in the work place, to a new woman Supreme Court justice appointed weeks before the presidential election, there was unprecedented change in the world as we know it. As those who work in law and our system of justice, it is our dual privilege and responsibility to leverage our positions to cause positive change in 2021 and beyond in response to the events of 2020. This panel will focus on how we can start discussions and bring the positive changes home to our own workplaces to increase both diversity and inclusion in our everyday world.
- Kate Whitlock, Senior Partner, Hawkins Parnell & Young (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Ed Blakemore, Assistant General Counsel, Litigation, Rockwell Automation, Inc. (Mayfield Heights, Ohio)
- Lorrie Leonard, VP & Associate General Counsel, Allianz Global Corporate Specialty North America (Chicago, Illinois)
- Jessica Thomas, Director Counsel, Employee Relations, Target Corporation (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Susan Ridgeway, Partner, Axilon Law Group, PLLC (Missoula, Montana)