Erich Gleber has been a litigator and trial lawyer for more than 20 years. He represents clients in toxic tort litigation and general commercial litigation. Erich has extensive experience representing clients in a wide range of products liability, toxic tort, environmental, pharmaceutical and commercial litigation. He has additional experience in insurance coverage, white collar criminal law and bankruptcy law.
Erich specializes in preparing corporate and expert witnesses for deposition and trial testimony, and has conducted intensive training programs for asbestos witnesses. He has served as national coordinating counsel and national trial counsel to several Fortune 500 companies in multi-state asbestos and silica litigation. Erich has appeared in state and federal courts in numerous jurisdictions, and before dispute resolution organizations around the country, and handles cases from inception through jury trial, post-trial motions, and appeals.
- Obtained the first summary judgement motion in a New York asbestos case on the issue of causation in Pistone v. American Biltrite, Inc, et al. in 2018.
- Drafted prevailing brief obtaining declaratory judgment permitting bankrupt entities on the verdict sheet for apportionment of fault in New York under CPLR 1601 in Tancredi et al., Plaintiffs, v. A.C. & S., Inc., et al.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 1995)
- Columbia University (B.A., cum laude, 1991)
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- New York City Bar Association