Elizabeth Branham’s practice focuses on the defense of complex and multiple party product liability, environmental, toxic tort, ERISA and general civil cases in state and federal courts throughout the country. She defends ERISA fiduciaries, plan sponsors, and selling shareholders in ERISA litigation matters involving ESOPs and business transactions in a range of controversies covering fiduciary responsibilities and ESOP valuation disputes. Her products liability clients include manufacturers, wholesalers, contractors, and premises owners.
Elizabeth works in all phases of litigation including written discovery, motions to dismiss based upon forum non conveniens, summary judgment and adjudication motions (with several successful dismissals), motions in limine, motions to strike, trial preparation and appearances at all court hearings. Over the past year, Elizabeth has prepared countless state and federal cases for trial and has drafted numerous dispositive motions at the trial court level; petitions for writ of mandate, opening and respondents’ briefs at the appellate level. To date, she has taken hundreds of depositions on behalf of clients, including trial cross examination of plaintiffs, percipient and expert witnesses.
Elizabeth also has experience representing Fortune 500 corporations in tax controversies as well as Internal Revenue Service and California Franchise Tax Board investigations. She specialized in corporate and partnership taxation including a range of federal, state and international income tax issues. Elizabeth gives back to her community through pro bono litigation in the Eastern District of California.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D., 2009)
- Senior Notes Editor, Hastings Law Journal
- Legal Writing & Research Teaching Assistant
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 2005)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- State Bar of California
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Busk v. Doe Auto Manufacturer, Superior Court of California, County of Placer
- Larry Watson et al., v. John Crane Inc., et al., Superior Court of California, County of Solano