Andre Hunter defends corporations in commercial disputes, product liability, and toxic tort litigation. He manages all stages of the litigation process, including arguing motions, taking depositions, negotiating settlements, and preparing for trial.
An aggressive litigator and a persuasive trial attorney, Andre has experience before judges in both state and federal court. Before joining Hawkins Parnell & Young in Chicago, Andre served as Assistant Attorney General for the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, defending state agencies, officials, and employees in civil rights litigation.
A decorated law student, Andre honed his instincts for a career in the courtroom. He was awarded the Philip H. Corboy Fellowship, a full-time trial advocacy fellowship given to only ten students per year. As a second-year law student, he went undefeated and took 1st Place at the 2019 Midwestern Region of the National Black Law Students Association (MWBLSA) Tournament. In his third year, his team was the #2 ranked mock trial team in the United States. During law school, Andre served as a judicial extern to the Honorable LaShonda Hunt in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, a law clerk with the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, and a tax clinician for the Loyola Federal Tax Clinic.
Andre is a politically active leader. He was a former intern to Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, U.S. Senator Tammy Duckworth, and the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. As an undergrad, Andre was given the Outstanding Senior Award after serving as the President at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Among many notable accomplishments, he drafted a new constitution and planned commencement.
Outside of his litigation practice, Andre mentors law students by helping coach his former mock trial team at Loyola University Chicago School of Law. In his free time, Andre enjoys pick-up basketball, history documentaries, and spending time outdoors. He is fluent in Tagalog and visits his family in the Philippines once a year.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D., 2020)
- Loyola Merit Scholar
- Philip H. Corboy Fellowship in Trial Advocacy
- Black Law Student Association (BLSA) Mock Trial Team
- Corboy Mock Trial Team
- Editor, Loyola Consumer Law Review
- Vice President, Sports & Entertainment Law Society
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.A., 2017)
- Senior Class President, Class of 2017
- 2017 Spring Commencement Speaker
- Wisconsin State Vice President, College Democrats of America
- 2017 Outstanding Senior Award, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2016 College Democrat of the Year, College Democrats of Wisconsin
- Dean's List
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- Black Men Lawyers' Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Filipino American Lawyers Association
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Fmr. Intern to Illinois Governor Pat Quinn
- Fmr. Intern to U.S. Senator Tammy Duckworth
- Fmr. Intern to Democratic Party of Wisconsin