Alexandra Cantamessa focuses her practice on defending corporations in complex product liability and toxic tort litigation, including exposure to asbestos, talcum powder, and various chemicals. She is involved with all phases of litigation, including drafting initial pleadings, deposing fact and expert witnesses, preparing and arguing dispositive and discovery motions, and trial preparation.
Prior to joining Hawkins Parnell & Young, LLP, Alexandra spent several years as an associate at a litigation firm in New York City, where she was a member of litigation teams responsible for defending companies in product liability and toxic tort cases and managing pharmaceutical actions on behalf of plaintiffs. She has also litigated state and federal cases involving employment law, construction defects, securities, and breach of contract.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Faculty Research Assistant
- International Law Journal Staff Member
- The College of New Jersey (B.A., 2009)
- Dean's List
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants; Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants (2021-2022)