Alex Barfield brings over two decades of advising general counsels and executives on labor and employment issues and defending corporate clients in litigation nationwide. He is a trusted business partner that helps public and private companies advance their interests, providing strategic counsel that aligns with their business objectives.
Management teams of Fortune 500 and industry-leading companies rely on Alex to aggressively defend them against a vast spectrum of labor and employment disputes. He advises clients on responding to workplace complaints, manages investigations by government agencies, and defends against allegations relating to discrimination, compensation, contracts, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, trade secrets, and privacy.
Since beginning his career, Alex has been handling complex employment and commercial litigation. He has successfully represented employers from many different sectors in high-stakes matters, from single and multi-plaintiff lawsuits, class actions, and collective actions to arbitrations and administrative hearings before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). Alex has a proven record of resolving disputes from the onset of administrative agency charges through jury and bench trials in federal and state courts and has won appeals in the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Ninth and Eleventh Circuits.
Alex leverages his extensive experience in litigation and as a certified mediator to help clients avoid employment disputes and minimize legal risks while implementing workplace strategies. He assists employers in navigating an intricate web of ever-changing state and federal labor laws and regulations. Holding a joint JD/MBA from the University of Georgia, Alex provides a unique perspective on legal and business challenges.
- University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., 2003)
- University of Georgia (M.B.A., 2003)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A.)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Georgia Super Lawyers (2023)
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2011-2016)