Seven Lawyers Named Rising Stars in Georgia Super Lawyers
ATLANTA, March 14, 2016 – Hawkins Parnell & Young, LLP, a national litigation firm, announced today that seven lawyers have been recognized as a Rising Star in the 2016 edition of Georgia Super Lawyers. This exclusive list recognizes no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state of Georgia.
Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, evaluates lawyers from 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations.
HPY attorneys recognized as 2016 Rising Stars include:
- Sherrie M. Brady (Associate) has over five years of experience as a litigator and trial lawyer. She represents corporations and professionals in a variety of matters, including medical malpractice, premises liability, products liability, trucking litigation, and other professional liability matters. She also has experience with cases involving school and municipal liability.
- Willie C. Ellis, Jr. (Partner) concentrates his practice on the representation of corporate, municipal, and individual clients in commercial and contractual disputes, business torts, bad-faith, construction, employment discrimination, personal injury, and product liability matters. Will has defended and prosecuted claims on behalf of Fortune 500 corporations, corporate officers, municipalities, government officers, and healthcare facilities (including one of the largest hospital authorities in the Southeastern United States) in lawsuits, mediations, and pre-litigation matters.
- Bryan M. Grantham (Associate) is an experienced trial attorney that has first-chaired more than a dozen trials in State, Superior, and Magistrate Courts in Georgia. Bryan defends clients in legal malpractice, professional liability, and premises liability.
- Peter A. Jacxsens, Jr. (Partner) focuses on defending corporations and individuals in litigation involving land use, property, transportation and commercial disputes. He also represents professionals and financial institutions in FINRA arbitration actions. Additionally, Pete advises and represents insurance companies in coverage disputes and lawsuits alleging bad faith.
- Martin A. Levinson (Partner) represents businesses and individuals in various types of liability defense and litigation, including premises liability, product liability, trucking and transportation law, general property and casualty liability, and insurance and bad faith litigation.
- William J. Martin (Associate) focuses his practice on multi-jurisdictional toxic tort litigation with an emphasis on asbestos product liability litigation. He has extensive experience representing businesses, individuals, and insurance carriers in a variety of areas involving product liability, professional malpractice, insurance coverage, mold contamination, premises liability, and trucking accidents.
- Catherine A. McCormack (Partner) has over a decade of experience as a litigator and trial attorney defending Fortune 500 companies in complex toxic tort and product liability matters. She has represented corporations in hundreds of asbestos cases in federal and state courts across the country with a concentration on the development and implementation of litigation defense strategies in Alabama, Florida, and Georgia.