American Bar Association: 25th Annual Spring CLE Meeting: Trends in Toxic Torts and Environmental Law — Today, Tomorrow and Beyond
Edward P. Abbot is speaking on the panel, “Erionite, Talc and Other New Potential Exposure Pathways & Cancer Risks,” at the American Bar Association’s 25th Annual Spring CLE Meeting: Trends in Toxic Torts and Environmental Law – Today, Tomorrow and Beyond. The meeting is April 7-9 in Phoenix, Arizona at the Biltmore Resort & Spa.
Talc, erionite, and other naturally occurring minerals, have been implicated as potentially carcinogenic to humans. Ed’s panel will discuss these new potential exposure pathways and the associated cancer risks that may become the future of toxic tort litigation.
This event will feature a diverse program with distinguished faculty that includes lawyers, experts, and in-house and corporate counsel. Speakers will provide insights focused on timely issues relating to the environment, energy, and mass and toxic torts, including:
- Health Aspects of Nanotechnology and Other Emerging Products and Technology
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- New Developments in Cancer Causation
- Trends and Regulations in Environmental, Construction, Energy, and Food & Drug Law
- The Future Asbestos Litigation
- Legal Ethics of Blogging, Social Media, and Internet Advertising
- Views from the Plaintiffs’ Attorney Perspective
- Negotiation Techniques in Toxic Tort and Environmental Cases
- Client and In-House Counsel Panel
- How to Make Presentations More Effective with Jurors, Judges, and Clients