Troy Helling is Partner-in-Charge of the Dallas office of Hawkins Parnell & Young, LLP. He represents small local businesses to large global corporations in high-risk litigation throughout the United States. He has extensive experience litigating commercial disputes, employment matters, breach of contract, non-compete provisions, fraud, and deceptive trade practice claims. Troy participates in all stages of litigation from the inception of a case through trial and appeal. He has obtained favorable results for his clients across Texas and throughout the country. His representative experience includes:
- Advising and counseling on day-to-day legal issues, including employment matters, legislative updates, litigation management, and contracts.
- Conducting investigations, interviewing employees, deposing plaintiffs, preparing corporate witnesses for deposition, obtaining temporary injunctions, successfully arguing motions for summary judgment, and mediations.
- Successfully litigated cases involving allegations of defamation, wrongful termination, and discrimination based on age, race, and gender.
- Drafting and enforcing employment agreements, including non-compete and non-disclosure agreements.
- Advising in drafting employment policies to protect against claims of wrongful termination and discrimination.
- Defending clients in cases involving construction defects, fraud, breach of contract, and the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Consumer Protection Act.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various agreements including lease agreements, asset purchase agreements and consulting agreements.
- Successfully represented clients in numerous product liability and toxic tort cases in Texas and nationally.
- Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Program Chairman, North Dallas Chamber Board
- Committee Member, Richardson Area Young Life