Phil J. Montoya, Jr.
Phil J. Montoya, Jr. is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Hawkins Parnell & Young, LLP. He has more than 25 years’ experience in the areas of employment law, contract litigation and personal injury. Phil has obtained favorable outcomes for clients as diverse as employees accused of trade secret theft, to companies involved in employment and contract disputes, and personal injury. He regularly represents the firm's Fortune 500 clients in employment matters. Phil has both first chair and second chair trial experience in numerous matters, including wrongful termination and discrimination claims.
- Successfully defended against plaintiffs’ claim of theft of trade secrets by a former employee. The jury verdict was in favor of the client on all counts.
- Successfully defended against plaintiff’s claims that his employee status turned into an ownership status based on an oral contact. The employment issues included the employee’s claim that no worker’s compensation was purchased since the business owners are excluded from such insurance overtime exemptions, and payroll exemptions. The trial court's decision favored the defendant on all counts.
- State Bar of California
- Board Member, Boys & Girls Club of Pasadena
- Pasadena Attorney of the Year (2011)
J.D., University of Southern California, Gould School of Law (1984)
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California