Michael J. Goldman
Michael Goldman specializes in the defense of product liability, premises liability, professional liability, and general liability cases with an emphasis on catastrophic and high exposure cases for insureds and self-insureds. He currently serves as catastrophic injury counsel for a large carrier as well as national product liability trial counsel for another large carrier.
Michael has tried approximately 75 cases to jury verdict in Georgia, New Hampshire, Vermont, Ohio, Florida, California and Arizona. Additionally, he has an active appellate practice and has handled over 50 appeals in state and federal courts.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Product Liability Advisory Council (PLAC)
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Old Warhorse Lawyers Club
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- State Bar of Georgia
- Virginia State Bar
- ALFA International
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers® Product Liability Litigation - Defendants "Lawyer of the Year” in Atlanta (2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Product Liability Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation, Professional Malpractice Law (2003-2019)
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine (2004-2018)
- Top 100 Lawyers in Georgia, Super Lawyers Magazine (2015)
- Top 100 Lawyers in Georgia, Atlanta Magazine (2007)
Articles and publications
- Larry Davis v. Shelby Specialty Gloves, et al.
- Joanne Gray, et al. v. Leisure Life Industries Inc.
- Bishop v. David Lindsey Homes, Inc.
- Brogden v. Kellwood Co.
- Kinsler v. Sara Lee Corp
- McArthur v. Milton's Food Services, Inc.
- Patterson v. Central Mills
- Richard K. Folsom, et al v. Kawasaki Motors Corp., USA, et al.
- Needham, pro ami v. Coordinated Apparel Group
- Linda Rossby v. Victoria's Secret Stores
- Wilson v. Union Underwear, Inc.
J.D., Emory University School of Law (1976)
B.A., University of Richmond (1973)
- All State and Appellate Courts in Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Seventeen Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
- Seventeen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Twenty Lawyers Selected to Georgia's 2017 Super Lawyers®
- Sixteen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- Seventeen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- Fifteen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- Thirteen HPY Lawyers Named as Best Lawyers in America® for 2014
- Thirteen HPY Lawyers Named as Best Lawyers in America® for 2013
- Michael Goldman and Ed Ulloa Obtain Favorable Verdict in Los Angeles Product Liability Case
- Michael Goldman Wins Defense Verdict in Product Liability Trial
- Fourteen Lawyers from HPY Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2012