Michael B. Giaquinto
Michael B. Giaquinto is a senior associate in the Los Angeles office of Hawkins Parnell & Young, LLP. Michael’s practice as a defense attorney is primarily concentrated in the areas of product liability, class action, mass toxic tort litigation, and general civil litigation. In the last several years, Michael has defended high-risk product liability lawsuits with damage claims reaching $100 million.
Michael has represented a wide range of clients involved in the manufacture, sale, and distribution of consumer products including automotive parts, mechanical seals, cosmetics, paint and patching products, lawn care products, landscaping equipment, recreational zip lines, boilers and HVAC equipment to name a few. He has also has represented contractors and clients in premises liability cases including power plants and polyurethane foam facilities. Additionally, Michael serves as in-house and coordinating counsel for a large California based company specializing in plumbing and water damage remediation.
Michael works in all phases of litigation including written discovery, motions to dismiss based upon forum non conveniens, summary judgment and adjudication motions (with several successful dismissals), motions in limine, motions to strike, trial preparation and appearances at all court hearings. Over the past year, Michael has prepared countless state and federal cases for trial, successfully arguing motions in limine and assisting in jury selection. To date, he has taken hundreds of depositions on behalf of clients, including trial cross examination of plaintiffs, percipient witnesses, and plaintiff’s experts.
While completing his Doctorate of Jurisprudence, Michael expanded his legal acumen through a judicial clerkship for the Honorable Craig C. Richman and gaining extensive courtroom experience while working for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office.
- Member, Professionalism and Ethics Committee
- State Bar of California
- District of Columbia Bar
- Washington State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Super Lawyer "Rising Star," Super Lawyers Magazine (2018-2019)
Articles and publications
- Moore, et al. v. Calaveras Asbestos Ltd., et al.
- Michelle Brockmyer, Individually and as Successor-in-Interest to Richard Smith, Deceased, and Eric Smith v. Union Carbide Corporation, et al.
- Hiroko Felton, individually and as successor in interest to the Estate of Donald L. Felton, Deceased, v. Davison-Conroy, Inc., et al.
- Silas J. Minton, Jr. and Stacey L. Minton v. Borgwarner Morse Tec Inc., et al.
- Steven Burleson, et al. v. 3M Company, et al.
J.D., Southwestern Law School (2010)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards - International Business Transactions, and Advanced Criminal Procedure
- Certified Clerk, Office of the District Attorney, Los Angeles County
- Judicial Clerk, Chambers of the Honorable Craig C. Richman
- Member, The Business Law Society (BLS)
B.S., Sacred Heart University, Political Science, Criminal Justice, Minor in Philosophy (2005)
- All California State Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals