LeRyan Lambert is an associate attorney in the Atlanta office of Hawkins Parnell & Young, LLP. She defends businesses in class action, high-risk personal injury, and wrongful death litigation, including transportation-related accidents, premises and product liability claims, and bad faith liability matters.
For more than a decade, LeRyan has successfully litigated before judges and juries in the state, federal, administrative, and appellate courts throughout Georgia. She has litigated and favorably resolved numerous civil actions involving medical malpractice, third-party criminal assault, slip and fall, security negligence, automobile collisions, and wrongful death claims. Prior to joining HPY, LeRyan was a senior associate for a large Southeastern defense firm and headed its Georgia liability practice representing national businesses against personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits as well as insurers in subrogation matters. LeRyan also represented employers and insurers before the Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation. Prior to defense work, LeRyan represented plaintiffs and claimants for personal and work injuries, criminal defendants including those facing capital punishment, individuals in domestic litigation, and small businesses in contractual disputes. LeRyan also practiced transactional law representing celebrity athletes and artists, medical professionals, and entrepreneurs in their business and employment endeavors.
- Davis v. Louisiana-Pacific Corp., Georgia Court of Appeals, Case No. A17A1726 (February 2018) - Secured first-impression ruling that the State Board of Workers’ Compensation has no jurisdiction over claims for occupational injuries where death occurred in Georgia, but both employment and alleged causative exposure occurred out-of-state.
- Hughes et al. v. Chaudhry et al., Bibb County State Court, Georgia (February 2016) - Secured summary judgment in a premises liability action involving a motor vehicle death and efforts by plaintiffs to pierce corporate veil or establish joint enterprise theories.
- Perry et al. v. Electrical Contractor Inc. et al., DeKalb County State Court, Georgia (October 2015) - Secured summary judgment and attorneys’ fees against plaintiff’s counsel in a wrongful death action.
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Partners for Education - Project for a Day Volunteer (2013, 2014)
- Volunteer Judge for local mock trial competitions
- Hospice Atlanta Volunteer
Physician Employment Agreements, Morehouse School of Medicine (2015)
Articles and publications
- Georgia Workers' Compensation Claim Cost Control: Returning Employees to Work
- Georgia Workers' Compensation Claim Cost Control: Panel of Physicians
- Georgia's Return to Light Duty and the WC-240 Process
- Subrogation Lottery: The Illusory Right to Workers' Compensation Subrogation
- Spoliation of Evidence in Georgia: When You Should Know Better, You Must Do Better
J.D., Emory University School of Law (2008)
- Grant Recipient, Emory Public Interest Committee
- Practiced under the Third Year Practice Act with DeKalb County Public Defenders
- Clerked for the Georgia Capital Defenders Office
University of California, Davis School of Law
- Secretary and President-Electee, National Lawyers Guild
- Submissions Committee Member, Journal of International Law and Policy
- Recipient, Public Interest Grant
- Competitor, CARR Moot Court Competition
B.A., Political Science and History, University of Miami (2005)
- Double-majored with triple minor in Sociology, Psychology and Business Law
- President's and Dean's List
- Member, University of Miami Student Disciplinary Board
- Big Sister, Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Greater Miami
- Volunteer, Academic Resource Center
- Security Supervisor, Student Residence Halls
- Clerk, Pre-Trial Services Department, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Superior Courts of Georgia
- Court of Appeal of the State of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia